Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Carmel Craving, The Sea Kind.

i'd love to live in carmel, california
i'm obsessed with this town!
and that is an understatement.
why carmel-by-the-sea?
the history, it's an artist's colony, the tranquility & privacy,
warm/quiet/friendly/neighborly people,
the white sand, pebble beach,
the CLEANLINESS of the beach!
the whimsical architecture:
it's the biggest "dog friendly town",
the mission is the most beautiful (to me) i'd ever seen in CA
need i say more? i can ;p
and i'd recently visited aptos, santa cruz, capitola and brighton state beach and
it's UGH in comparison to carmel-by-the-sea.














see? fantasyland-like right?

this home looks like mr. toad's wild ride inside of disneyland's fantasyland ;)
by the look of below picture, little would we know that just around the corner, one block away is *shopping heaven*, i.e., louis vuitton; tiffany & co.; j.crew; stationary stores; diggidy dog boutique.
also, it also reminds one of san luis obispo, CA


7 comments:

Diana said...

OMG - Nattie, Can I come with you?!?! I'll be a very nice roommate, I swear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is one of the reasons I want to live in Mendocino. But oh to explore the North California Coastal towns would be a dream to me!

Anonymous said...

Which big city is Carmel near to?

Nine No More said...

course u can dee!! splitting rent in carmel is exactly what i hope to do!! unless i buy, then i can rent out a room or two to have extra handbag funds right? ;)

Nine No More said...

hrmm. let's see, carmel is in monterey county. the only thing i can say is it's about 1 hour & 30 minutes from the san jose - silicon valley - area. hope this helps :)

Nine No More said...

^ oh, but believe me, the 1 hr & 30 minutes apart is an unbelievable difference. just worlds apart, really..

The Frustrated Fashionista said...

I would live there in a nano second! Perfection.

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is so cool! I would love to see this in person. SLO is near the top of my destination list of places to go in CA, as well.
I want to see all of Monterey, CA. :)